Congratulations! You have just experienced a revolutionary teeth whitening procedure. Dark staining substance should be avoided because this is when your teeth are most susceptible to absorbing stain. Anything that can stain a white shirt can stain your teeth. Please avoid these items for the time you are bleaching + one additional week.
- Drinks: Coffee, Tea, Red Wine, Cola.
- Condiments: Tomato sauce, Mustard, Red Sauces, Soy Sauce, Steak Sauce.
- Food: Berries, Red Meat (Steak or Hamburger).
- Toothpaste: Coloured toothpaste (Would suggest using Sensodyne toothpaste).
- Mouth rinse: Coloured Mouthwash, Fluoride treatment, Chlorohexidine.
Take Home Whitening3 Days after ZOOM whitening session in office, start the Whitening gels at home (only if further whitening required):
- Please make sure the custom tray is completely dry. Place a small amount of gel on each of the teeth in the custom tray. Use caution not to overload the tray. Insert the tray over the teeth and gently wipe away any excess gel. Do not leave any gel on the gums because this will cause irritation to your gums.
- Wear the bleaching trays with the gel for 15 minutes, twice a day.
- Use all the bleaching gel given. This could last from a few days to a week.
- If sensitivity is uncomfortable, stop and reduce time and/or frequency of treatment. If too uncomfortable, stop all together.
- Do not rinse your mouth, since this may dilute the bleaching agent.
- Do not swallow the whitening gel.
- Never drink, eat, or smoke while wearing your tray.
Post-operative sensitivitySome patients experience sensitivity such as “zingers” or thermal sensitivity 12 to 24 hours after Zoom whitening and during at home whitening. Here are things you can do to help relieve this sensitivity:
- Place Relief ACP gel on the problem area in the take home trays and seat them over the teeth- you could do this before or after the bleaching session.
- Take over the counter pain relievers such as paracetamol or ibuprofen.
- Brushing your teeth with Sensodyne toothpaste. (or any desensitising toothpaste).
- Drink plenty of water (room temperature).