Keep the gauze swab in place for 30 mins after leaving the surgery.
You have been provided with a pack containing sterilized gauze swabs to help clotting of your extraction site. If bleeding recurs, place a single, tightly folded gauze swab at the extraction site and apply pressure by biting down on the swab for 10 -15 minutes.
Remove and replace the swab as required.
Things to Avoid
- Avoid rinsing your mouth for 24 hours
- Do not use a straw for drinking
- No strenuous exercise for 48 hours
- Be careful eating or drinking hot food/fluids for 24 hours
- Nil Smoking for 48 hours
- Nil Alcohol for 48 hours
- 24 hours after extraction, you may start gentle salt water rinses after eating to keep the extraction site clean. Continue this treatment for 5 days or until the wound has healed.
- Ice packs applied at intervals may help reduce swelling and pain management.
- Brush your teeth as normal, taking care around the extraction site.
- When required take Panadol / Panadeine or Nurofin as directed on the packet to a maximum of 8 tablets in one day.
- Continue taking antibiotics if prescribed.
Contact our surgery on 07 5495 1270 if you have any questions or concerns.